REA … Real review, Real practice, Real results.
REA's California CAHSEE English Language Arts Study Guide!
Fully aligned with California’s core curriculum standards
Are you prepared to excel on this state high-stakes assessment exam?
* Passing the exam is required to receive a high school diploma
* Find out what you know and what you should know
* Use REA's advice and tips to ready yourself for proper study and practice
Sharpen your knowledge and skills
* The book's full subject review refreshes knowledge and covers all topics on the official exam, including vocabulary, reading comprehension literary analysis, drafting and revising, and skill-building exercises to reinforce key English language lessons
* Smart and friendly lessons reinforce necessary skills
* Key tutorials enhance specific abilities needed on the test
* Targeted drills increase comprehension and help organize study
* Color icons and graphics highlight important concepts and tasks
Practice for real
* Create the closest experience to test-day conditions with two full-length practice tests
* Chart your progress with detailed explanations of each answer
* Boost confidence with test-taking strategies and focused drills
Ideal for Classroom, Family, or Solo Test Preparation!
REA has helped generations of students study smart and excel on the important tests. REA’s study guides for state-required exams are teacher-recommended and written by experts who have mastered the test.
About the AuthorDaniel L. Moody
is a Professor in the School of Languages and Humanities at Southwestern College in Chula Vista, California, where he teaches Grammar, Listening/Speaking, and Writing in the English as a Second Language program, as well as Basic Writing and Editing for both native English speakers and bilingual students.
He received a B.A. in French with a minor in Spanish from San Diego State University in 1984 and an M.A. in English as a Second Language from the University of Arizona in 1985. In the past ten years, he has coauthored several textbooks for developmental level college writing with Professor Anna Ingalls, including Expectations: A Reader for Developing Writers
, now in its second edition. About Our Editor
David Rosen received his B.A. and M.A. degrees from the University of Oregon. He is currently developing a comprehensive English program for a private preparatory high school in California. Mr. Rosen is listed in the “Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers” and is cited by several honor students as being their most influential instructor.