This site is hosted by Yahoo! Store. Yahoo! hosts the store pages, ordering
system, and order data. Yahoo! automatically collects order information but
may only use this information in the aggregate. If you accessed this store
through Yahoo! Shopping, Yahoo! also automatically collects information
about your shopping experience. Please see the
information about how Yahoo! uses this information.
What Information Does REA Collect About Customers? We gather information so that we can improve and personalize your shopping experience with REA. Information that we collect falls into five primary categories.
- Information that Customers Give Us: We receive and store the information that you enter at our website, provide to us on an order form from one of our catalogs, or give to us in any other way. You can always choose not to provide some or all of the information we ask for, but this may prevent you from using some of our website's features. When you choose to provide information, we will use it for purposes that include: fulfilling your orders, responding to your inquiries or requests, customizing our websites for you, improving our stores and catalogs, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: Whenever you interact with REA, we receive and store certain types of information. For example, we use "cookies" to obtain information when your web browser accesses this website. This information helps us to customize and personalize our interaction with you.
- Email Communications: In order to make the email we send you more helpful and relevant to your interests, we receive and store certain types of information. For instance, if your computer supports this functionality, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email we send you. We may also receive a confirmation when you follow a hyperlink from one of our email messages to our website. If we receive customer lists from other companies, we compare them to our customer lists in an effort to avoid sending duplicate messages to the same customer and to help ensure that our customers will find the messages we do send interesting and useful. If you want to stop receiving email from us, simply hit Reply and type "unsubscribe" in the subject field, or contact info@REA.com.
- Information Provided by Other Sources: In an ongoing effort to improve our products, services and communications, we may receive and store information about you from other companies. For example, we may use information from other sources to personalize our website for you or to send you a special offer or product recommendation that we think you'll like. We may also receive updated address and delivery information from our shippers or other sources, which enables us to correct our records and helps to ensure accurate and timely delivery of your orders and communications such as print catalogs.
- Third-Party Web Beacons: We use third-party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Yahoo!, click here.
What's a cookie? A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier, which we transfer to your computer via your Web browser and store on your computer's hard drive (don't worry about disk space, our cookies are tiny files). The cookie file allows us to recognize your computer when you visit our website so that we show you things that you saved in your Shopping Cart on your last visit and present products or offers on our website that we think you'll like. On most web browsers you will find a "help" section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie, and how to turn cookies off. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they will enable you to take advantage of some of our websites best features.
Does REA Share the Information It Receives?
We are not in the business of selling information about our customers. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with our customers and we treat it with great care and respect. There are, however, certain limited circumstances in which we may share customer data with certain third parties, as set forth below.
- Agents: REA, like many companies that serve consumers, hires other companies to perform certain functions. Examples include mailing catalogs, delivering packages, sending postal mail, sending email, processing credit cards and removing duplicate information from our customer lists. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information they need to complete the task and they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose.
- Promotional Notices: On very rare occasions we may contact our customers about a product or service provided by another business. If we contact you in this way, it will only be to provide you with information about a business that we're convinced you'll like. If we do this, the only communication you receive will be from us and we will not give business information about you, such as your name, postal or email address.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, stores or assets. In transactions such as these, customer information is generally one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, in the unlikely event that REA or one of its publishing lines are acquired, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of REA and Others: We may release account and other personal information when we believe that such release is appropriate to comply with law; protect the rights of, property or safety of our users, REA or others; or enforce our Website User Agreement and other agreements. In addition, we may exchange information with other organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Information that you input is protected during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
- We do not reveal your credit card number when we confirm an order. Naturally, we do transmit your credit card number to the appropriate credit card company when we process an order from you.
- You should protect against unauthorized access to your password, your account and your computer by logging out when you finish using a shared computer or a computer that is easily accessed by others.
Access to Information About You.
If you desire to review your own personal information, to correct existing information, or to remove your information, please contact REA via email at info@REA.com. If you request removal of your personal information, you acknowledge that residual information may continue to reside in REA' records and archives, but REA will not use that information for commercial purposes. REA reserves the right to maintain your personal information if REA has suspended, limited, or terminated your access to our website for violating the Website User Agreement.
What Choices Do I Have?
Links to Third Party Sites